This dynamic kit makes it easy to understand how seeds come to life with whirligigs, popping cones, fluffy seeds, floating seeds, and pokey and prickly seeds. Experience seeds first hand rather than viewing via the virtual world. Included in the kit are several lima beans (seeds) to dissect and plant and be amazed by how quickly they grow into seedlings. Tweezers are included for the safe handling of the prickly seeds.
Below are samples of some of the exciting scientific activities you can explore using the specimens found in this kit:
- Discuss why it is important for seeds to travel
- Predict how each seed travels
- Compare and contrast a variety of seeds to common objects and each other
- Discuss the seed structure, shape, and size
- Describe and draw the seeds when viewed with both the naked eye and with one of our digital microscopes
Books and tweezers in the image are no longer available.